Hand trails from the fireman that saved this family's home.
Since SERVPRO is usually some of the first people to see the structure directly after their fire damage, we are lucky enough to be able to analyze the fireman's techniques from marks and trails left behind from the soot. To anyone who has taken a couple minutes to speak to a fireman about their job, or done a little research, knows that firefighting isn't just spraying water until the fire goes away. When there are victims trapped inside, when you can't see two inches in front of your face, when you feel like a hot potato wrapped in aluminum foil with 50lbs of gear strapped to your back...you have to rely on teamwork, trust, and the training you have been given to protect that victims life and even your own. What you see pictured here is the trails left behind from a method called "Left hand/Right hand." When you cannot see, you have to rely on your other senses to maneuver through the collapsing structure. Fireman will keep their left hand on the wall, while searching with their right hand or visa versa. This helps them understand the layout of the structure and lead them through the building without using their eyes. Take a second to appreciate a firefight you know today, they could be saving YOUR house one day...
Illini Towers Sprinkler Damage
Our Emergency Response Team is ready for your call 24 hours a day.
Unfortunately, water and fire damages don't seem to stick to the traditional 8-5 schedule. SERVPRO understands that when you need us the most, it may not be under normal work hours. That's why SERVPRO is well-equipped to respond to your emergency disaster 24 / 7. That includes weekends and holidays. This location had a sprinkler head malfunction on the 12th floor at 11:30 pm. SERVPRO had crews on site in less than an hour therefore minimizing the amount of water damage to other areas. Time is crucial for a water damage. The longer the water sits, the more the building is prone to secondary growth and structural deterioration. Fortunately, with our quick response time, the need for replacing materials was reduced dramatically which in turn minimizes the cost of repairs. You should always trust SERVPRO in the event of ANY loss.
Coffee at Tricoci Beauty School
Butch, our Sales and Marketing Manager, hard at work during the Urbana Business Association's morning coffee at Tricoci Beauty School.
Our Marketing Team from Champaign hit the road Tuesday morning to join others involved in the Urbana Business Association for coffee at Tricoci Beauty School, located in the strip mall near the corner of University and Cunningham. Complimentary full body and hand massages was a great addition to a phenomenal breakfast. It is always a great opportunity to meet others from the community and to see all of the new businesses trying to pave their own way to success. There's not much better than getting your day started by brainstorming ideas, learning about different techniques to make your business flourish, make new friends, and catch up with old ones as well. SERVPRO looks to be a staple in the community and we will always be involved in the events around town supporting local business.
Carpal Tunnel Center Ribbon Cutting
Dr. Love and the Champaign Chamber of Commerce officially opening the Carpal Tunnel Center
Dr. Love had many great things to say in her introduction to her new Carpal Tunnel facility on South State Street in Champaign. There was a sense of pride and accomplishment in her voice as she answered questions and explained the innovative concept of her groundbreaking idea. This was to take the hassle and "middle man" out of the hand surgery industry, hopefully paving a way for other specific surgery specialists to do just the same. The facility will offer local anesthetic to limit the amount of recovery time, this will allow you to leave the facility on your own means. The minimally invasive procedures will also reduce operation time, this means that from the time you check into the clinic to the time you drive yourself home could be as little as an hour and a half! SERVPRO takes great pride in welcoming new, innovative businesses ideas to the Champaign County Community. We are honored to have the opportunity to connect with those involved in making this a truly special occasion for those at The Carpal Tunnel Center.
Do You Have Mold?
Microscopic mold spores naturally occur almost everywhere, both outdoors and indoors. This makes it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Therefore, mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
If your home or business has a mold problem, we can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – (217) 355-0077
Water Damage in a Commercial Property
Minimally invasive water extraction
Flooding and water damage events at Champaign/Urbana commercial properties are often complex with numerous issues that require a knowledgeable and flexible response. Whether we’re dealing with a relatively small water cleanup scenario or a large scale event, we work quickly to assess each unique situation and isolate the damaged area. In many instances, normal operations can continue in a temporary space while we restore your facility.
Restoring Commercial Properties Presents Unique Challenges
Our professionals are trained to be mindful of legal and environmental concerns and strive to fully restore the damaged area while working within your budgetary constraints. We understand that every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when an emergency situation arises in your business, give us a call and we’ll be there fast with the help you need.
About SERVPRO of Champaign/Urbana
SERVPRO specializes in the cleanup and restoration of commercial and residential property after a water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
For Immediate Service in Champaign/Urbana call SERVPRO
Our IICRC certified staff is available 24/7. For any size disaster, your friends at SERVPRO are always here to help.
SERVPRO of Champaign/Urbana provides 24-hour emergency service and is dedicated to being faster to any-sized disaster in your town. We can respond immediately to your emergency and have the expertise to handle your restoration or cleaning needs.
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any-Sized Disaster
- Highly Trained Restoration Technicians
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
- Advanced Restoration and Cleaning Equipment
Have Questions? Call Us 24/7 – (217) 355-0077
Whether your home needs emergency flood damage or your upholstery cleaned, you can depend on us. Our technicians have extensive cleaning and restoration training and can make your property look its best. Learn more about our residential services:
- Water Damage Restoration
- Fire Damage Restoration
- Mold Remediation
- Storm Damage Restoration
- Cleaning Services
- Building/Reconstruction Services
There's never a convenient time for fire or Water damage to strike your commercial property. Every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when the need arises for professional cleaning or emergency restoration services we have the training and expertise to respond promptly with highly trained technicians to get your property back to business. To learn more about our commercial services visit www.SERVPROchampaignurbana.com
- Commercial Water Damage Restoration
- Commercial Fire Damage Restoration
Keeping Your Home Safe During the Winter Months
Whether you’re a recent homebuyer, new to the Mid-Western winter months, or just want to cover your bases heading into the holiday season: It’s important that you make sure your property is well taken care of. Putting together a thorough checklist ensures your home will be well-prepared for the inevitable sub-zero temperatures. This short read will put your mind at ease, protect your home, and hopefully keep your money where it needs to be…in your wallet!
- Making sure your doors, windows, and any other outside passage for air are correctly sealed ensures your furnace doesn’t work overtime heating the air coming from outside. When it comes to your electricity bill, sharing is NOT caring!
- Add extensions to all of your downspouts. This will prevent water pooling around your foundation. Water will expand when frozen, and this will lead to damaging your foundation and further expense.
- Drain water out of sprinklers, hoses, faucets, and any exterior water source. Like we already mentioned, frozen water will expand and will cause major damage.
- If you will be using your fireplace, make sure you have a chimney sweep inspect your chimney. Also make sure to dispose of any fire hazards that could turn your small fireplace into a big bonfire! Make sure your fire extinguishers are up to date, and inspect them to make sure they are functioning properly.
- Make sure your insulation is well maintained and any possible leaking of air is plugged and dealt with. Keep your warm air in and the cold air out!
- Because heat rises, reverse your ceiling fans. This will push the warm air in your house down instead of pulling it up.
Following these tips to ensure a safe home during the upcoming winter months will have you enjoying your holiday season like you should be. Give your home the best present it could ever ask for, protection. Happy Holidays from your friends at SERVPRO.
24 Hour Emergency Water Damage Service
SERVPRO of Champaign/Urbana is available 24 hours a day for water emergencies, large or small. When you are dealing with water damage, immediate action is crucial. A delay of just a few hours can greatly increase the severity of the water damage.
We Answer the Phone Ready to Help
Call Today - (217) 355-0077
We understand that when you call us, you may be feeling confused, stressed, and vulnerable. You need an expert to guide you through this crisis. SERVPRO has the specific water damage training and experience to help you through this tough time. We specialize in water damage restoration—in fact, it's the cornerstone of our business.
What to Expect
When you call, we will ask several questions regarding your water damage emergency. These questions will help us determine what equipment and resources to bring, including how many trained SERVPRO Professionals may be needed.
Our SERVPRO Representative will ask several questions:
- Your name and contact information
- Your insurance information (if applicable)
- The street address of the water-damaged home or business
- When did the flooding or water damage occur?
- What caused the water damage (if known)?
- Is there electricity available (on-site)?
About SERVPRO of Champaign/Urbana
SERVPRO specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Champaign / Urbana Smoke and Soot Cleanup
Smoke and Soot Damage Can Cause a Pervasive Odor in Your Champaign / Urbana Home.
Smoke and soot is very invasive and can penetrate various cavities within your home, causing hidden damage and odor. Our smoke damage expertise and experience allows us to inspect and accurately assess the extent of the damage to develop a comprehensive plan of action.
Smoke and soot facts:
- Hot smoke migrates to cooler areas and upper levels of a structure.
- Smoke flows around plumbing systems, seeping through the holes used by pipes to go from floor to floor.
- The type of smoke may greatly affect the restoration process.
Different Types of Smoke
There are two different types of smoke–wet and dry. As a result, there are different types of soot residue after a fire. Before restoration begins, SERVPRO of Champaign / Urbana will test the soot to determine which type of smoke damage occurred. The cleaning procedures will then be based on the information identified during pretesting. Here is some additional information:
Wet Smoke – Plastic and Rubber
- Low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary. Smoke webs are more difficult to clean.
Dry Smoke – Paper and Wood
- Fast burning, high temperatures, heat rises therefore smoke rises.
Protein Fire Residue – Produced by evaporation of material rather than from a fire
- Virtually invisible, discolors paints and varnishes, extreme pungent odor.
Our Fire Damage Restoration Services
Since each smoke and fire damage situation is a little different, each one requires a unique solution tailored for the specific conditions. We have the equipment, expertise, and experience to restore your fire and smoke damage. We will also treat your family with empathy and respect and your property with care.
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage?
Call Us Today – (217) 359-0077