When Vandalism Strikes, Here's What To Do
Unwanted graffiti can be a hassle to clean without the professionals on your side.
The sad fact is that graffiti happens all the time. It can be a senior prank in high school or out of sheer intentional mischief. Whatever the reason was, it decreases the overall beauty of the school or office building. SERVPRO of Champaign/Urbana has a few suggestions when you first discover the graffiti.
- Vacuum any glass particles that may have ended up in carpets and upholstery
- Hose down or wash any egg damage from the building exterior as soon as possible
- Save any containers with the ingredients of spilled inks, cosmetics, and paints
- Make sure to keep a record of all damage when possible. Pictures work best to document everything.
If you are in need of commercial cleaning services, give us a ring at 217-355-0077. [JB]
Cleaning Your Air Ducts, Is it Really That Important?
Ever think about what inside your air vents could look like?
Did you know that, in certain circumstances, Duct Cleaning can increase your efficiency by up to 40%? That's a lot of money back into your pocket every month. Duct Cleaning is a process that can differ depending on each air system we come across, but the end result is the same... clean-air, and more healthy home and atmosphere. We use special equipment to ensure the safety of the air quality in your home. This includes special filters, ventilation equipment, containment barriers, and more. (For safety reasons, professional duct cleaning is often performed when your home is unoccupied, such as nights and weekends)
Here are some preventative actions you can take to reduce your need for Duct Cleaning.
- You should be changing your air filter on a regular basis.
- Try to always maintain good housekeeping practices, including regular cleaning/dusting to reduce the likelihood of contaminants.
- Have your duct-work routinely inspected, and regularly schedule professional maintenance.
SERVPRO of Champaign/Urbana
24-Hour Emergency Service
Independently Owned and Operated
Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration
Content Restoration after Fire Damage
From furniture to antiques to artwork and appliances, we at SERVPRO Champaign/Urbana will treat your treasures with the care they deserve. While some items can be cleaned on-site, in many cases we'll need to inventory, pack out and transport the contents of your property to our state-of-the-art facility to ensure the best care possible.
- Contents may need to be cleaned off-site
- Contents inventory
- Determine replacement and restoration
- Ozone treatment
- Odor removal
- We arrive on-site and inventory all of your personal belongings.
- We carefully pack all salvageable items to transport to our secure warehouse and cleaning facility.
- Unsalvageable contents are inventoried and discarded.
We have trained professionals to help you establish replacement values versus restoration costs. We are also available for pricing of non-salvageable inventory items.
- Thorough cleaning
- Proper handling of all electronics
- Photographs and artwork
- Soft goods
- Dry Cleaning
- Odor Removal (JB)