Recent Storm Damage Posts
Lightning Strike Surges Power, Causes Fire
This picture shows the view of a basement stairwell. The fire impacted three levels of the home. A lighting strike to a tree in their backyard created a surge to the direct power line going into the home. With three floors affected by fire there was significant amount of water in the basement. The water that the fight fighters use to save your home and most of the belongings ends up saturating most of your home, especially the impacted area. This leads to other problems that can arise like mold, structural damage, and other foundation problems. When the drywall in your house becomes saturated and no drying process is started, and this goes for everything in the house, you can compound your problem to find secondary grown beginning to grow. This can take days, to weeks, to months depending on the conditions. SERVPRO's number one goal is to put the victims of such a tragedy back into their homes as quickly as possible, and this homeowner called the right people to get the job done. From our fully staffed construction team, to our staple in water mitigation, SERVPRO is capable of handling ANY size loss.
Winter Storms Cause Frozen Pipes
The winter of 2018 was one to remember. Many thought it might never end! With certain areas of Central Illinois reaching lows of -15, old man winter let us have it. Extended periods of sub zero temperatures bring on the dreaded frozen pipes, frozen pipes of course lead to broken pipes, which in turn lead to water damage. Depending on how long the water is allowed to run through your house, this could cause some serious damage. We have learned to adapt to the cold weather temperatures in most cases. Unfortunately for this assisted living facility, the main water line for the sprinkler system, located on an exterior wall froze and broke. Within a matter of 48 hours, SERVPRO was able to have the residents back into their respective rooms.
For Immediate Service in Champaign/Urbana call SERVPRO
Our IICRC certified staff is available 24/7. For any size disaster, your friends at SERVPRO are always here to help.
SERVPRO of Champaign/Urbana provides 24-hour emergency service and is dedicated to being faster to any-sized disaster in your town. We can respond immediately to your emergency and have the expertise to handle your restoration or cleaning needs.
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any-Sized Disaster
- Highly Trained Restoration Technicians
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
- Advanced Restoration and Cleaning Equipment
Have Questions? Call Us 24/7 – (217) 355-0077
Whether your home needs emergency flood damage or your upholstery cleaned, you can depend on us. Our technicians have extensive cleaning and restoration training and can make your property look its best. Learn more about our residential services:
- Water Damage Restoration
- Fire Damage Restoration
- Mold Remediation
- Storm Damage Restoration
- Cleaning Services
- Building/Reconstruction Services
There's never a convenient time for fire or Water damage to strike your commercial property. Every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when the need arises for professional cleaning or emergency restoration services we have the training and expertise to respond promptly with highly trained technicians to get your property back to business. To learn more about our commercial services visit www.SERVPROchampaignurbana.com
- Commercial Water Damage Restoration
- Commercial Fire Damage Restoration
Keeping Your Home Safe During the Winter Months
Whether you’re a recent homebuyer, new to the Mid-Western winter months, or just want to cover your bases heading into the holiday season: It’s important that you make sure your property is well taken care of. Putting together a thorough checklist ensures your home will be well-prepared for the inevitable sub-zero temperatures. This short read will put your mind at ease, protect your home, and hopefully keep your money where it needs to be…in your wallet!
- Making sure your doors, windows, and any other outside passage for air are correctly sealed ensures your furnace doesn’t work overtime heating the air coming from outside. When it comes to your electricity bill, sharing is NOT caring!
- Add extensions to all of your downspouts. This will prevent water pooling around your foundation. Water will expand when frozen, and this will lead to damaging your foundation and further expense.
- Drain water out of sprinklers, hoses, faucets, and any exterior water source. Like we already mentioned, frozen water will expand and will cause major damage.
- If you will be using your fireplace, make sure you have a chimney sweep inspect your chimney. Also make sure to dispose of any fire hazards that could turn your small fireplace into a big bonfire! Make sure your fire extinguishers are up to date, and inspect them to make sure they are functioning properly.
- Make sure your insulation is well maintained and any possible leaking of air is plugged and dealt with. Keep your warm air in and the cold air out!
- Because heat rises, reverse your ceiling fans. This will push the warm air in your house down instead of pulling it up.
Following these tips to ensure a safe home during the upcoming winter months will have you enjoying your holiday season like you should be. Give your home the best present it could ever ask for, protection. Happy Holidays from your friends at SERVPRO.