Champaign / Urbana Smoke and Soot Cleanup
Smoke and Soot Damage Can Cause a Pervasive Odor in Your Champaign / Urbana Home.
Smoke and soot is very invasive and can penetrate various cavities within your home, causing hidden damage and odor. Our smoke damage expertise and experience allows us to inspect and accurately assess the extent of the damage to develop a comprehensive plan of action.
Smoke and soot facts:
- Hot smoke migrates to cooler areas and upper levels of a structure.
- Smoke flows around plumbing systems, seeping through the holes used by pipes to go from floor to floor.
- The type of smoke may greatly affect the restoration process.
Different Types of Smoke
There are two different types of smoke–wet and dry. As a result, there are different types of soot residue after a fire. Before restoration begins, SERVPRO of Champaign / Urbana will test the soot to determine which type of smoke damage occurred. The cleaning procedures will then be based on the information identified during pretesting. Here is some additional information:
Wet Smoke – Plastic and Rubber
- Low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary. Smoke webs are more difficult to clean.
Dry Smoke – Paper and Wood
- Fast burning, high temperatures, heat rises therefore smoke rises.
Protein Fire Residue – Produced by evaporation of material rather than from a fire
- Virtually invisible, discolors paints and varnishes, extreme pungent odor.
Our Fire Damage Restoration Services
Since each smoke and fire damage situation is a little different, each one requires a unique solution tailored for the specific conditions. We have the equipment, expertise, and experience to restore your fire and smoke damage. We will also treat your family with empathy and respect and your property with care.
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage?
Call Us Today – (217) 359-0077
Urbana Firefighter's Vehicle Show Trunk or Treat
Take a photo with our SERVPRO Stormtrooper!
Come see us Sunday, October 29, 2017 at Blain's Farm and Fleet parking lot. We'll be supporting our local Urbana firefighters at their annual Vehicle Show Trunk or Treat!
Bring your kids for a fun, safe alternative to trick or treating. Our fireman invite local vehicle show enthusiasts and their amazing creations on wheels. Local businesses participate and bring their vehicles with trunks full of free treats. Come see a wide array of "anything on wheels" including antique fire trucks, cars/trucks, tractors and many more. Dress up with your kids if you like!
We're raising money for the Urbana Firefighter's charity fund. This organization has helped many local charities including the Muscular Dystrophy Association, Boy Scouts of America, March of Dimes, UIPD Benefits as well as many others.
Champaign / Urbana Residents: We Specialize in Flooded Basement Cleanup and Restoration!
This home’s basement flooded due to heavy rains.
A basement can flood at any time, although flooding most often occurs during heavy rainfall. Basements are inherently prone to flooding because they are the lowest level of a building and are normally built partly or entirely below ground level. There are a number of reasons why your Champaign / Urbana basement could flood, including:
- A blocked or failed sewer lateral pipe
- Heavy rain causes surface water to pool around your home
- Storm sewer backup
- Sanitary sewer backup
- Foundation drainage failure
- Water supply-line break or hot-water tank failure
- And many more
Have Questions about Basement Flooding?
Call Today - (217) 359-0077
If flood water is not handled quickly and properly, it can jeopardize your health and safety, and cause severe damage to your home’s structure. Remember, the longer you wait, the worse the problem will get.
The bottom line: a flooded basement can jeopardize your health, safety, and your home’s integrity. It’s worth making a call to SERVPRO of Champaign / Urbana and let our trained, professional crews handle the situation safely and correctly. We have earned the trust of hundreds of homeowners, business owners, and property professionals.
We are Flooded Basement Specialists:
- We are Available 24 hours/7 days per week
- We’re a Preferred Vendor to many National Insurance Companies
- We Bill The Insurance Directly – One Less Thing For You To Worry About
- Our Technicians are Highly-Trained in Water Restoration Techniques
- We use s500 IICRC Restoration Standards
- Advanced Inspection and Extraction Equipment
Basement Flooded? Call Us Today – We’re Ready To Help (217) 359-0077
IICRC Certified Firm
SERVPRO of Champaign / Urbana is an IICRC firm. The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) creates the standards for the restoration industry and provides training and certification to restoration companies. IICRC Certified Firms have the right to display the IICRC Certified Logo.
IICRC Certified Firms must
• Present accurate information to consumers and conduct business with honesty and integrity.
• Require a technician on all jobs who has been formally trained and passed all required tests.
• Require a continuing education program to keep technicians up-to-date on the latest changes in the industry.
• Maintain liability insurance to protect all parties in the event of an accident.
• Maintain a written complaint policy and agree to Better Business Bureau or similar arbitration to resolve disputes, and accept the conclusions and recommendations of arbitration.
The IICRC Develops The Standards For The Restoration Industry
The IICRC has been the driving force in establishing the main industry standards and reference guides for professional carpet cleaning, water damage restoration and mold remediation. These IICRC standards take years to develop and require the coordination of experts in the field: manufacturers, industry organizations, insurance professionals, training schools, contractors, and public health professionals.
Every five years, the standards are reviewed and updated. The water damage restoration field changes rapidly with advancements in technology and science, and therefore the standards must evolve to keep pace.
About SERVPRO of Champaign / Urbana
SERVPRO of Champaign / Urbana specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration and we are an IICRC Certified Firm. We believe in continuous training: from initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Rockin the Band Camp
The grand Finale
When the First Gig band camps started several years ago, the founders did not know what to expect. Several years later the camps have grown from one to three camps. They are hosted in Champaign and Danville. Each camp is limited to 40 participants and the all campers are at different levels of their training. Each week culminates with a live performance showcasing songs they have learned during the week.
One of the camps is devoted to those students that are developmentally or physically challenged. Local bands volunteer their time and efforts to help these students learn more about the music and the industry.
SERVPRO of Champaign and Vermilion counties are thrilled about getting involved with such a worthy effort. We look forward to a long relationship with this fine organization.