Pole Barn Takes on Fire
The fire damage to this pole barn was contained to just a corner of this football field sized structure. The cause was a gas leak from a lawn mower. The pole barn was saved, but the heavy soot damage covered the entire interior of the pole barn. Besides a pungent odor a thick black coat of was everywhere. Being a open-wood structure on the inside, soot will adhere to the porous surface locking in the smell and blackish color. SERVPRO's professional grade chemicals are specially formulated to remove soot particles from any surface. For the wooden trusses and sidewalls, we used a technique called "Soda Blasting." A method using a device with compressed air pushing baking soda at extremely fast speeds to gently scrape away the top layer of the wooden surface. This process will remove the odor and soot making the structure look "Like it never even happened." You should always call SERVPRO in the event of any loss.